Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
Menu UF Health Home Search

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Is financial aid available?
    Master’s degree students are eligible for federal financial aid. Students seeking federal student loans must complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. UF’s Federal School Code is 001535. Graduate certificate students and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid but may be eligible for private loans. Please contact our financial aid advisor about possible private student loan eligibility.
    Are students only accepted in the fall semester?
    Students are accepted in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Courses are offered year-round as well.
    Are all courses a full semester long?
    All courses are a full semester long, although credit hours may vary by course.
    Do you need to be a doctor to complete this program?
    No. Our master’s degree and graduate certificate programs are open to anyone with a science background and a bachelor’s degree from one of the institutional accreditors (or international equivalent) found in the “Accreditation” section at These programs can prove beneficial for many different medical professionals and professional school applicants (i.e., medical, dental, nursing and physician assistant).
    Are there live class meetings?
    No. All courses are asynchronous and can be completed at students’ convenience, though there are deadlines to ensure course completion in the semester.
    Do these courses require any travel to the University of Florida?
    No. All courses are offered entirely online with no campus visit required.
    Who should I contact regarding technical assistance during a course?
    On the left-hand menu of the e-Learning login page ( there are links to tutorials to get you familiar with the Canvas course management system which houses all the content for our online courses. If you need technical assistance during the course, please contact the UF Computing Help Desk. You will need your Gator Link ID. You can access the UF Help Desk when you log into the e-learning website. You can reach them seven days a week (hours vary and they are closed on holidays).
    How are accommodations for students with disabilities handled?
    If you are a student with a disability and would like to request disability-related accommodations, please contact the instructor and the Disability Resource Center as soon as possible. The Disability Resource Center is located in 001 Building 0020 (Reid Hall). Their phone number is 352-392-8565, (711 TTY/FRS). For more information, see the Disability Resource Center website at The Disability Resource Center will begin the process to assist you.
    What email address should I use for course communication?
    All course communication is done through your UF webmail account, powered by Office 365.
    • To check your UF webmail account, go to and use your GatorLink Username and Password to log on.
    • Please make sure you are checking your email regularly for course updates and messages.
    How do I log into the courses?
    After you complete the application and course registration process, you can access online courses by logging into UF’s e-Learning website at any time. Go to and select “e-Learning Login” to enter your Gatorlink username and password. You will not be able to access your course until the start date listed in the course registration materials. Some course content will not be immediately available to you. Instructors may open and close access to lessons according to the schedule posted in the course syllabus.